Thursday, December 10, 2009

Makes religion look bad

I'm not a religious guy but for those who are, I'd suggest that if you accept as evidence of a supreme being a sort of weird cross on the shell of a chicken's egg or on a heifer's forehead your standards are pretty low. Do you think so little of G_d to believe he'd show his presence in such trivial ways? C'mon now.

But if you do need proof, the story Bob Kerr wrote about in the Providence Journal about someone giving his coat to a man wearing only a sweater pushing a shopping cart along the street on a cold winter day, or the story about the three men who pulled a fourth from icy water at Waterplace Park might provide far better evidence for you. I hope so.

1 comment:

Rich said...

I understand your point and the person looking at the cross on a cow as a sign will most likely agree with your other examples. We humans adopt beliefs for many reasons then go about creating proof to support them. I guess it’s the we evolved.